cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmclovin
Engaged Sweeper
using the connection tester everything passes.
however running "lsclient servername" just showings "connecting..." and then disappears.
running a netstat -a i do not see port 9524 listed.

this was working last week. all i changed was I wanted to enable authentication on the web console so I followed the steps on one of the threads on this forum.
Console still works and shows info from the first test run of the inventory but nothing new...obviously since the client isn't connecting.

The lansweeper service is running on the server system and all that shows up in the errorlog file is:

12/1/2008 12:17:50 PM
GetKeyValuePair 00-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions?

This is running on a vista 32 bit workstation (wanted to test everything out before actually using it), so I had to do some tweaking with IIS 7 to get it to work in the first place.
11 REPLIES 11
jmclovin
Engaged Sweeper
When I reinstalled the service I didn't delete the old one first. I had to manually remove the old lansweeperservice, then run the installer to reload it, then change the password in the config file.

Its working again now.

Thanks for the help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you recreated the database : could you check if the user has actual permissions on the database.
Maybe he can authenticate but has no rights on the newly created database.
jmclovin
Engaged Sweeper
I re-ran the service installer to get the default lansweeperservice.exe.config file back.
Changed that password to match what I have the lssqluser32 password set as.

Now I get this in the errorlog.txt file:

12/2/2008 3:45:48 PM : Cannot connect to database, check your config file, service will be stopped
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Login failed for user 'lssqluser32'.

I've even gone in and reset the password in SQL manager to make sure it was correct.
jmclovin
Engaged Sweeper
I had changed the password of the lssqluser32 user and all i did was edit that line to match the password.
I didn't add or remove any spaces or returns. There was a "0*" at the end of the default but I assumed that was part of that default password. I just assumed as long as I changed this password in the webconfig and service config it shouldn't be an issue.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jmclovin wrote:
I had changed the password of the lssqluser32 user and all i did was edit that line to match the password.
I didn't add or remove any spaces or returns. There was a "0*" at the end of the default but I assumed that was part of that default password.

Indeed the 0* was part of the default password.
But the problem remains : there is an error in the connection string (that's why you get the "GetKeyValuePair" error)
jmclovin
Engaged Sweeper
attached to previous post.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jmclovin wrote:
attached to previous post.

Maybe a stupid question but did you added the "sweetpassword" part
If so, there's no way of knowing if there was a linebreak there?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you attach lansweeperservice.exe.config as an attachment.
Most likely cause of problem is a line break inside one of the lines.
jmclovin
Engaged Sweeper
lansweeperservice.exe.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration><appSettings><add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=ITINVENTORY\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper32;User ID=lssqluser32;sweetpassword"/><add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="20"/><add key="ListenPort" value="9524"/><add key="Activescanning" value="0"/></appSettings></configuration>