→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisS
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi I'm running the latest version of Lansweeper and intend to use on our multi-domain setup.

Currently we have a number of our domains not capturing info correctly if at all and my boss has decided that we will try rolling out pspush to login script via the VBScript in a GPO.

He has a few concerns though.

1. What sort of CPU overhead does the lspush process have on a computer at login time, he is concious of the fact that we don't really want slower login times.

2. What bandwidth does the lspush exe generate for its reports that are sent back to the server? I read 40Kb, is that correct, is that ALL information that a normal scan would produce.

3. When LSPush is ran on a PC does it try to capture all information everytime?

3a. does it take into account item wait time?

3b. does it take any of Lansweepers settings into account?
(of course Q 3 could just answer the second 2 😉

4. Does the info gathered by LSPush populate both Active scanning and IP range scanning sections?

many thanks in advance for your quick response.

Regards,

Chris S
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisS
Engaged Sweeper III
To clarify,

There are 2 sections in the Web page:

Domain Overview
IP Location Overview

Usually the active scan is populated into Domain overview and ip range scanning is populated into IP Location overview.

My question was where does LSPUSH populate and it seems from my test that is updates both.

Can you clarify Q1.

You say that it does not impact on Login time as it is ran asynchromously, but that only means it will not stop the normal login scripts etc to run, it doesnt mean it wont take more CPU/Memory to do a full scan on a PC.

Can you confirm that it is negligable CPU etc and this it won;t slow a PC down to do this scan, the envirnment I work in means that the login time is one of many things that the staff on the external domains will not want affected.

Many thanks for your replies.

Chris S
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ChrisS wrote:
To clarify,

There are 2 sections in the Web page:

Domain Overview
IP Location Overview

Usually the active scan is populated into Domain overview and ip range scanning is populated into IP Location overview.

My question was where does LSPUSH populate and it seems from my test that is updates both.

The scanned computers will be sorted into the appropriate domain under Domain Overview, depending on which domain they're determined to belong to.
Computers will also be sorted into the IP Location Overview. IP locations can be configured in the Lansweeper configuration console under Configuration\IP Range Locations. If a computer is found to belong to one of the specified ranges, it will be sorted into that range. Computers that don't belong to any of the ranges will be placed in the "Undefined" category.

ChrisS wrote:
Can you confirm that it is negligable CPU etc and this it won;t slow a PC down to do this scan, the envirnment I work in means that the login time is one of many things that the staff on the external domains will not want affected.

The effect of scanning should be negligible. LsPush should not have a big impact on performance.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1. Please have a look at page 35 of our online documentation. The example script at the bottom of the page is set to run asynchronous, LsPush not influencing login times at all.
2. Yes, 40KB is correct for one full scan.
3. Everything is rescanned each time. No Lansweeper settings are taken into account. A connection to the Lansweeper server is not required when using LsPush, so having the executable check settings wouldn't be useful.
4. Could you clarify this question? Active Scanning, IP Range Scanning and LsPush will capture the same information, if this is your question.