→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ambank
Engaged Sweeper
I'm using lsremote.exe directly from the administrative share on our lansweeper server. When I connect to XP computers things are somewhat slow but they seem to work ok. When I connect to Windows 7 machines there is an insane amount of lagging with screen refresh rates. I frequently have to press the refresh button in the toolbar to get the screen to update at all. This particularly causes problems with mouseover type screen interaction on the taskbar and other similar functions. Is there a fix for this or a specific problem with Windows 7 clients?

My admin machine is a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit box with 8 Gb of memory and a core i7-2600 proc. I could understand a bit of lag for branch offices but I see a huge amount of lag with users internally too. We're all on an HP Procurve 5412zl-96 core switch with gig network connections so bandwidth should not be an issue.

I have played a bit with connection settings but haven't found one that works consistently well.

We are currently using lsremote.exe version 4.1.0.14.

As a side note, we do have one workstation that is similar with the exception that it only has 4 gigs of memory and is 32 bit instead of 64 bit. It seems to have no screen refresh issues on it. I just can't work out what the deal is.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

To pre-empt this question, all other network operations/file copies/pings/etc operate at normal speeds. It seems to be primarily other Windows 7 machines and Windows XP machines to a certain extent as well.
2 REPLIES 2
Ambank
Engaged Sweeper
Actually, after checking a few things, I think I have it figure out. I had to uncheck "Remove Aero" to get screen overlays for Windows 7, turn off "Poll On Event Only" to update more frequently and then realized I was only connected at 100 Mb instead of 1 Gb which sped things up considerably.

All taken care of. I guess I needed to just post to the forum before I could figure it out for myself. Oi.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the settings you are currently using when connecting to your problem machines. For easy reference, also include a link to this forum thread in your email.