cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsch
Engaged Sweeper
I've tried to migrate the existing lansweeper database to a new server with a fresh lansweeper installation (incl. SQL express).

I used the steps from this page move-lansweeper-to-different-server, but step 7 fails with these errors:

Msg 15138, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The database principal owns a schema in the database, and cannot be dropped.
Msg 15023, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
User, group, or role 'lansweeperuser' already exists in the current database.

Any ideas ? I already reinstalled lansweeper and tried it again, with the same outcome.

Thanks

regards
dennis
4 REPLIES 4
dsch
Engaged Sweeper
I think so, yes. But you could close this thread. I created a new database.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you drop (delete) the lansweeperuser schema, as shown in the screenshot attached to this post? Could you try first deleting this schema and then executing the script in our knowledge base.
dsch
Engaged Sweeper
Same error

TITEL: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Fehler bei Drop für Benutzer 'lansweeperuser'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Hilfe erhalten Sie durch Klicken auf: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.5500.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).110922-0336+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Drop+User&LinkId=20476

ZUSÄTZLICHE INFORMATIONEN:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The database principal owns a schema in the database, and cannot be dropped. (Microsoft SQL Server, Fehler: 15138)

Hilfe erhalten Sie durch Klicken auf: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.00.4000&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=15138&LinkId=20476

SCHALTFLÄCHEN:

OK
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try manually dropping the lansweeperuser schema and then executing the script in the knowledge base article.