cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pruneaual
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I want to know if we can do group ( Asset ip range ) for scan. My problem is we have a lot of building and multiple subnet in each building.

Exemple: 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 and 192.169.0.0 to 192.169.0.255

I have try to search if we can do a group for Asset ip range.

Thank you, and sorry for my english my first language is french.
7 REPLIES 7
pruneaual
Engaged Sweeper
Nice its work thank you
pruneaual
Engaged Sweeper
Yes i know i can do

10.192.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 Name New york student

10.172.0.0 to 10.172.0.255 Name New york phone

10.193.0.0 to 10.193.0.255 Name New york Admin

but i want to know if we can regroup this only in 1 name New york

because if we do that in each building we got a lot of group

Thank you for your reply
pruneaual wrote:
Yes i know i can do

10.192.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 Name New york student

10.172.0.0 to 10.172.0.255 Name New york phone

10.193.0.0 to 10.193.0.255 Name New york Admin

but i want to know if we can regroup this only in 1 name New york

because if we do that in each building we got a lot of group

Thank you for your reply

Just name them all as New york and they'll all show up as one group.
pruneaual
Engaged Sweeper
for the first point its not realy that i want,

i can explain with an example.

We have around 30 building in each building we have 3 different subnet like 10.192.0.0 for student , 10.193.0.0 for administration and 10.172 for VOIP , so i want to regroup in each building this 3 different adress in IP Range location not in group because if my technicien add a new computer we need to edit the group,

thank you

for the second point we have install snmp service and its work well thank you
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pruneaual wrote:

We have around 30 building in each building we have 3 different subnet like 10.192.0.0 for student , 10.193.0.0 for administration and 10.172 for VOIP , so i want to regroup in each building this 3 different adress in IP Range location not in group because if my technicien add a new computer we need to edit the group,

Yes, you can do this, go to configuration/Asset groups/IP address range location, click on "Add IP range location"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pruneaual wrote:
I want to know if we can do group ( Asset ip range ) for scan. My problem is we have a lot of building and multiple subnet in each building.

You can create IP locations (IP address groups) in the Configuration/Website Management/Asset Groups section of the Lansweeper web console, if this is what you're asking.

pruneaual wrote:
And my second question is , i have a problem for scan printer , maybe is the credential but i doesnt know,

Devices need to have one or more of the following protocols enabled in order to be scanned: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or, in Lansweeper 5.1 beta, SNMPv3), SSH or Telnet. If available, SNMP is generally used. You can run the following tool on your Lansweeper server to test connections to specific IP addresses and see which protocols are enabled: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Note that you need to submit a valid SNMP community string in order for SNMP scanning to work.
pruneaual
Engaged Sweeper
And my second question is , i have a problem for scan printer , maybe is the credential but i doesnt know,

we have a premium account