cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demonio316
Engaged Sweeper
I have just installed Lansweeper in order to scan a domain and develop a software inventory. this app looked good so I want to try. Unfortunately, I cant get it to actually do anything! I've looked through the documentation and I haven't been able to find how to launch a scan. Is there a quick cheat sheet that i could read or do I have to read the entire manual just to run a scan???

I read in the docs "Active Scanning" must be enabled but that too is grayed out.

I put in my admin credentials, entered an ip range, but what do I do now? The "Rescan" and "Full Rescan" buttons are greyed out. "Refresh List" does nothing. help!!!!

Eric
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The freeware version of Lansweeper only supports scanning with the LsClient scanning method. No other scanning methods are supported.

More info on LsClient can be found on page 36 and beyond of our online documentation. LsClient is an executable that is run on the client machine and sends a scan request to your Lansweeper server. When your Lansweeper server receives this request, it scans the client machine. LsClient can be deployed using a logon script or GPO.
msco
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
The freeware version of Lansweeper only supports scanning with the LsClient scanning method. No other scanning methods are supported.

More info on LsClient can be found on page 36 and beyond of our online documentation. LsClient is an executable that is run on the client machine and sends a scan request to your Lansweeper server. When your Lansweeper server receives this request, it scans the client machine. LsClient can be deployed using a logon script or GPO.

Thank you. Sorry for my stupid question .... Next time I will read documentation carefully.
msco
Engaged Sweeper
Mmm i have some problem.... Tab "active scaning" inacrive. Tried to reinstall, the problem remained. Scanned only server where starts lansweeper service.
Need help!!!!