cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdteichmer
Engaged Sweeper II
I have two Cisco/Linksys SWR2048 switches. I add one to Lansweeper and then run a rescan to get the interface list. After doing that, I add the second switch and do the same. The interface comes back telling me that it cannot find the requested asset and has overwritten the previous asset.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If the problem switches share 00:14:BF:5F:AC:F1, you can execute the script below in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Database Scripts to blacklist this MAC. This will prevent the MAC address from being used to uniquely identify devices and will allow both switches to be added to the database.

As Lansweeper uses MACs to uniquely identify non-Windows assets, the best solution is to blacklist common MACs (which should be a rare occurrence). A number of MACs known to be shared by devices are automatically blacklisted.
INSERT INTO tsysMacBlacklist (Mac, Comment) VALUES ('00:14:BF:5F:AC:F1', 'SWR2048')
GO
UPDATE tsysupdate SET MacBlacklist = GETDATE()
GO

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This happens to non-Windows assets if they share a MAC address, as MAC addresses are used to uniquely identify non-Windows assets. Could you send the following to support@lansweeper.com so we can confirm that this is the cause of the problem (and provide the appropriate solution):
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Output of this tool for both switches. Run the tool on your Lansweeper server and submit your SNMP credentials.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now