cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helpdesktrv
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

How can I replace a new file instead of an old one using the Lansweeper's Deployment, on all computers on the network?

The new file position is in a folder that is accessible to all computers (shared), will have to position themselves in a local folder on the computer in the c:/program files/ ....

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I would just create a bat file and have it copy the file from a network share, like this:

xcopy \\someserver\somedirectory\somefile.txt "C:\Program Files\Some Directory\somefile.txt" /s /y

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You can manually deploy the package under Deployment\Packages or set up a schedule for it under Deployment\Schedules. In both cases, there is a Wake-on-LAN option to wake your computers up prior to the deployment. There's also an option to retry the deployment should your machines be offline. This knowledge base article explains how to run deployments manually or based on a schedule and more information on the deployment logs can be found here.
helpdesktrv
Engaged Sweeper II
We have a domain, but I need to use Lansweeper because we do not have access to the Group Policy of the company.
So..how can I do with Lansweeper?
kanek
Engaged Sweeper II
If you are on a domain with Windows 7/8/10 you could also use Group Policy

Computer or User config > Windows Settings > Preferences > Files
Create your entry, set the source and destination. (*** Read up on C R U D for what type of Action to select)
If you need to apply item level targeting etc.

Group policy should then copy the file and the workstations should automatically get any update to the source file on the next gp refresh.
helpdesktrv
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank You for command, it's working!

I can create a schedule that keeps trying until the deployment is complete?
The log is not easy to understand and manage. It can become completely automatic?
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I would just create a bat file and have it copy the file from a network share, like this:

xcopy \\someserver\somedirectory\somefile.txt "C:\Program Files\Some Directory\somefile.txt" /s /y