cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
I have two issues.

Number one:
We have several Linux and Mac computers that are members of Active Directory. Lansweeper fails to detct them as macs because fo this, it just keeps trying to scan them and giving RPC errors. How do I remove them form the PC section and let it find them in the "Device " section?

Number two:
I have both th current version and the beta version running on two different servers while we test 4.0. On the 4.0 server I cannot run any actions in firefox, using the same browser I can run them from the old version. Any ideas?
27 REPLIES 27
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
sseal wrote:
Here is the results for Macinstosh via ssh, it shows as linux. can we fix this?

BTW I have to turn off "Ignore Windows" to get it to find it since it is in AD
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Even if we don't get it scanned without ssh or snmp or http, can we at least make it so that it isn't scanned in PC/AD section? Other than manually removing it ourselves.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you change the devicetype yourself to MAC?
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:

Yes, one of our techs did. None of the mac detected correctly. I am trying it now with ssh enabled on one of them. Is there a way I can Quickly verify if it works?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sseal wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

Yes, one of our techs did. None of the mac detected correctly. I am trying it now with ssh enabled on one of them. Is there a way I can Quickly verify if it works?

Delete the device, create an ip range with just this one ip and do a "scan now"
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Does the MAC detection rely on SSH? I hope not!
sseal wrote:
Does the MAC detection rely on SSH? I hope not!

Is far I understand, currently implemented snmp-, ssh- and http-checks only. If a device (Mac, Linux, whatever) answers on none of above it can't be discovered at all.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Actually it looks like another tech moved these from the "NAS" device section, none of our macs got detected properly.
taschen_dan
Engaged Sweeper
No any Mac computers found by IP scanning (about 30, not members of Active Directory).
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
The macs that are discoverd in "Device" section or PC/AD section?