cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to use ORA in the Custon Action screen. I am able to run ORA using the following link over the network, but when I add this to the Custom Action list it loads the ORA screen, but I get the following error, "The page you are trying to view has an incorrect address and cannot be displayed. Please try another page."

\\servername\share\helpctr.exe /url hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/unsolicited/unsolicitedrcui.htm

Please advise,
Niles
10 REPLIES 10
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, I was able to find a script that would allow me to type in the users name and it would bring up the computer that they were logged into, luanch Remote Assistance and pass the computer name automaticlly. Here is the code.

@echo off
setlocal

rem Prompt for the username
cls
set /p TheirName="Enter the username: "
set TheirHost=
set TheirIP=

rem Clear the NetBIOS cache
nbtstat -R > NUL

rem Send null message to user
rem NOTE: Messenger service must be running on both machines
net send %TheirName% "">NUL 2>NUL

rem Parse the nbtstat output for the IP
for /f "tokens=4" %%i in ('nbtstat -c ^|find /i "%TheirName%"') do set TheirIP=%%i

rem Find the hostname using ping -a
for /f "tokens=2" %%j in ('ping -a -n 1 %TheirIP% ^|find "Pinging"') do set TheirHost=%%j

rem Prompt to start Remote Assistance
cls
echo Username: %TheirName%
echo Computer: %TheirHost%
echo IP Address: %TheirIP%
echo.
echo Press any key to start Remote Assistance or CTRL-C to abort.
echo.
pause

rem Copy custom remote assistance page if necessary
set filename="%windir%\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Microsoft Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US\Remote Assistance\Escalation\Unsolicited\RemoteAssistance.htm"
if exist %filename% goto :RA

copy RemoteAssistance.htm %filename%

rem Start remote assistance
:RA
start %windir%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries\HelpCtr.exe -url "hcp://CN=Microsoft Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/RemoteAssistance.htm?%TheirHost%"

Now what I would like to do is bypass the user name lookup and just simply pass the computer name from Lansweepers's Action screen to Remote Assistance. I am not the much on modifying scripts but maybe someone would know how to modify this one.

Thanks,
Niles