→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liao1k
Engaged Sweeper
Can lansweeper detect any software for Oracle 11g? I have two Oracle 11g R2 Servers running on Windows 2008 R2 platform. The software inventory from these two servers shows nothing related to Oracle 11g products. Thanks for your help.

Kevin
9 REPLIES 9
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please clarify your question. We're not sure what you're asking. If your goal is to list these registry scan results in the machine's Software tab, then this is not possible.
liao1k
Engaged Sweeper
I change registry value to inst_loc for Oracle Installation location, re-scan the Oracle Server, it shows actual location of the Oracle software. However is there any way I can add more Oracle Software Application to the scanned result, so it shows that we have installed Oracle 11g on that server. Please see attached screenshots. Thanks for your help.

Kevin
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You submitted the CurrentVersion value for scanning, yet this value doesn't actually exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle. You need to submit a value that actually exists.
liao1k
Engaged Sweeper
See attached Registry Key screenshot. I can't find Oracle Registry Key

Kevin
liao1k
Engaged Sweeper
Please find Scan Results in the attachment. Thanks.

Kevin.
liao1k
Engaged Sweeper
Please find attached screenshots. Thanks.

Kevin
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of:
- The registry value you are attempting to scan, as present in one client machine's registry.
- That same machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following sections: Config\Scanned Info\Registry Keys, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
- Configuration\Scanning Setup\Your License.
liao1k
Engaged Sweeper
I added HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle into Registry Scanning and re-scan the server with Oracle 11g. However it still does not show anything related to Oracle Software. Please let me know your comments. Thanks for your help.

Kevin
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper software scanning recreates Add/Remove Programs. Software packages that are not listed here can potentially be detected through custom file/registry scanning. More info on this topic can be found on page 93 and beyond of our online documentation: http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf