→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrwright10
Engaged Sweeper
We are randomly seeing PCs, laptops and desktops, getting the following errors in Lansweeper: "RPC Server Unavailable", "Ping Failed", "cannot resolve IP address", and "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070721". in our company, we have two remote offices and a corporate office making up about 150 users all using Windows 7. I am noticing the PCs will get one or all of these error messages. Most of the time, the PCs getting these errors are also having some kind of performance issues like the PC randomly freezing or taking a very long time to print a document. This appears to help:

Go to “Start Menu”>”Accessories”>right click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”. Then type in the following commands as they appear below and in this order….
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
gpupdate /force
Then restart PC

Her are some of the things I am noticing...

The PCs getting these errors are mostly in our remote offices, I have seen very little to none in our corporate office, both remote offices have an associated Domain Controller.

When I perform the above steps to resolve the errors, after a given amount of time, the errors sometimes resurface in Lansweeper.

This appears to be happening on desktops and laptops

Some of the errors indicate a DNS issue but I am able to ping asset name and IP address with no issue or I am not able to ping the PC at all.

I understand that these errors may be from separate issues but my "guess" is that there is some communication issue(s) between the domain controllers. Has anyone out there run into any of these issues? If so, what seemed to be the cause of the issue? I put in as many of the details that I could think of but if I missed something please ask away and please throw in your two cents if you have seen similar issues. Thanks

Robert
0 REPLIES 0

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now