cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsplinter
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Last week I implemented Lansweeper on our network. I only use it for Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. While I began implementing, the performance of my servers became worse. While monitoring, I found out that on each client there were a lot of "cscript" processes ran for a few seconds each minute. They pop up every minute for a while and demand a lot of resources. Is there a possibility that I plan these scripts for non business hours? I am running the LAN sweeper service on each domain controller. Is it a requirement that all the servers have .net 2.0 installed or do these requirements only count for the servers running the lansweeper services?

Gr. Ron Splinter
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The GP is correct, when you run the vbs file, lsclient instructs the service to scan the client.
This script should only run for half a second.

Maybe another service on this server is constantly logging users on/off?
rsplinter
Engaged Sweeper
Well, This is the way how I run my lsclient using Group policy:

Group Policy manager --> User Configuration --> Windows settings --> Scripts (logon / Logoff) --> Logon
Name: cscript
Parameters: %logonserver%\netlogon\Lansweeper\lsclient.vbs

In this directory, there are two files:

lsclient.vbs with the following:

'Dit script houd de CMDB bij en voegt servers toe welke nog niet in de cmdb staan.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.run "%logonserver%\netlogon\Lansweeper\LSclient.exe nlutsrcmdb01.strukton.org",1

And the file lsclient.exe

I thought that the service running the lansweeper30.exe, was starting scripts remotely. Is the way I use GP to run correct?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A lot of questions in this post.

1) You only need dotnet framework 2.0 on the server running the lansweeper service
2) you need only one lansweeper server (server where the service is running) if you have a small network (< 5000 computers)
3) the cscript process is triggered by vbscript (.vbs) files of jscript files. This sort of scripting is not used by lansweeper, so you have to look somewhere else for your source of problem.
4) how did you implemented scanning of these systems? Scanning is only triggered using lsclient, or a scheduled scan (once every x days). I don't understand what you mean by "plan the scripts during non business hours"