cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzovi
Engaged Sweeper
I'm trying to make a query that will tell me all the Microsoft software installed along with their Product keys, computer names, product name. It's not coming out right. Either I'm getting the same key with different software products showing which is obviously incorrect or the same computer showing multiple times with the same product key. Please help. This is for a client of ours which we bought the premium version for this purpose. We suspect that they may have used the same product key for mutiple installs (like Microsoft Office or Windows XP) on multiple computers and would like to show this on a report. Please help.
5 REPLIES 5
mzovi
Engaged Sweeper
The URL you sent me for Product Keys lists many of the versions of office that I've described, so they should be coming up fine in the query you sent me earlier, yet they do not show up at all. Please advise as to the proper query. As a note, this is poor support if this is the only support option you have is through this forum. Had we known that, we probably wouldn't have bought the product. We are very dissapointed in this support medium. It would be much better to have phone support. I can be reached by phone in the USA if need be, just let me know how we can talk via phone if it can be arranged. Please advise as to what the query should be or to discuss by phone.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mzovi wrote:
The URL you sent me for Product Keys lists many of the versions of office that I've described, so they should be coming up fine in the query you sent me earlier, yet they do not show up at all. Please advise as to the proper query. As a note, this is poor support if this is the only support option you have is through this forum. Had we known that, we probably wouldn't have bought the product. We are very dissapointed in this support medium. It would be much better to have phone support. I can be reached by phone in the USA if need be, just let me know how we can talk via phone if it can be arranged. Please advise as to what the query should be or to discuss by phone.

You can contact us at e-mail : lansweeper@hemoco.com

The query I have provided is the correct one though.

If the registry key is available on the client and it hasn't scanned yet it might be a problem of the waittime for serialkey set to high.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Serialnumbers are only gathered for the products that support this (http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/licensekeys.aspx)

mzovi
Engaged Sweeper
There's something wrong with that query you suggested. The output of that query shows me that I only have Office Small Business Edition 2003 as far as Office products go, yet the built-in "All Microsoft Software" report shows Office 2000 Professional, Office Basic Edition 2003, Office 2000 SR-1 Professional, Office Professional Edition 2003, Office Small Business Edition 2003, Office Standard Edition 2003, Office XP Professional. The only thing the built-in "All Microsoft Software" doesn't show me are the product keys (which I need), probably because the Serialnumber table isn't in that query. So there's obviously something wrong here. Please advise.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See this thread: http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst2718_Report-shows-same-product-key-for-different-Product-types.aspx

Your report will look something like this:

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblSerialnumber.Product,
tblSerialnumber.ProductID, tblSerialnumber.ProductKey
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblSerialnumber On tblComputers.Computername = tblSerialnumber.Computername
Order By tblComputers.Computername

! Don't add the software table to this report.