cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdumbleton
Engaged Sweeper
I created a new report in Report Builder to show me all the version of Symantec Anti-Virus and the Definition Date based on the software table and the registry table after collecting the registry information.

Here is the sql for the report.

Select Distinct Top (100) Percent dbo.tblComputers.Computername As Computer, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Caption As [Operating System], dbo.tblComputers.Domain, dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName As [Software Release], dbo.tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version, Right(dbo.tblregistry.Value, 12) As [Def Date]

From dbo.tblComputers Inner Join dbo.tblComputersystem On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername Inner Join dbo.tblOperatingsystem On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername Left Outer Join dbo.tblSoftware On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName Left Outer Join dbo.tblregistry On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblregistry.Computername And dbo.tblregistry.Valuename = 'DEFWATCH_10'

Where dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Symantec% Endpoint Protection' Or dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Symantec% AntiVirus' Or dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Symantec Client Security' Or dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition'

Order By Computer

Issue I am having is that the report run fine within Report Builder but not on the web console. I added it to the software reports tab and it shows the number of machine and the % of machine but when I click the link I get a run time error.

I have attached screenshots.

9 REPLIES 9
pdumbleton
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks that fixed it. I must have missed something on the upgrade. The product is great and I cannot wait for the new release.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pdumbleton wrote:
Thanks that fixed it. I must have missed something on the upgrade. The product is great and I cannot wait for the new release.

Spread the word 😉
pdumbleton
Engaged Sweeper
There are two files contained within the website directory of the 352from351.zip file, these are state.aspx and bin\thumbimage.dll. I have replaced both these files on my website but the problem still exists.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pdumbleton wrote:
There are two files contained within the website directory of the 352from351.zip file, these are state.aspx and bin\thumbimage.dll. I have replaced both these files on my website but the problem still exists.
You need the other download package (below the one you downloaded now)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I think the file that you need is in the website part of "3.5.2 upgrade from versions below 3.5.1"
pdumbleton
Engaged Sweeper
I downloaded the upgrade to 3.5.2 file and there was only two files in the website directory, which were already updated on my website. Where to I find the 3.5.2-2 update?

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is your website on the latest version (your service looks ok)
I believe this problem was fixed in the 3.5.1-2 update. (website)
pdumbleton
Engaged Sweeper
Here is the additional information regarding the error.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Column 'software' does not belong to table theTable.]
System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) +1962843
System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) +10
ASP.it_cust_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +1305
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +98
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2558

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try changing the "custom errors" attribute as described on the web page, this will give a better error message.