cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinsey
Engaged Sweeper
Recently I have begun experiencing problems deleting old computers from the database. Once a week I will remove some systems from the database by using the "Permanently delete selected computers" option from the Management Console. Within the last week I have lost the ability to use this function. There are about 50 systems that I would like to remove, but repeated attempts at doing so continue to fail. I can't locate anything in the error log that explains why this is happening.

I select the desired computer(s) and then select the "Permanently delete" button and a message appears at the bottom of the screen that says "Deleting Computer...". Unfortunately the computer remains in the master list - even after being refreshed.

I'm not sure why this function has stopped, but I could definitely use some guidance. Is there another means by which I should be removing these systems from the database?

Ed
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you delete from tblcomputers, all related information is automatically deleted as wel.
dherron
Engaged Sweeper
Manually deleting the information from tblcomputers will cause the other tables to purge info related to that computer? Or will it just prevent us from seeing the computer on any of the views on the Website because it pulls info based on comptuers it sees in the tblcomptuers?

I run custom reports on the other tables that dont always link back to tblcomputers to match the name - so I could potentially be getting invalid data.

I was about to post this same question to see if there was a job or anything to purge the other tables because from what I can see, the info in the other tables will still be there. I could be wrong though.

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You could manually delete the computers from table tblcomputers and all other tables will also be cleared.