cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonduz
Engaged Sweeper
I have successfully setup LanSweeper to use LSclient.exe and can see the results in a web console 🙂

Now I would like to test the "service".
The service is running locally on my computer.
My service config file is setup with this connection string:
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=DataServer1;Initial Catalog=lab;User ID=labuser;Password=labuser_#0015" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />

My service is set to run with the local admin ID which is different from the ID used in my connection string. (does this matter?)

My server config file is setup the same:
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=DataServer1;Initial Catalog=lab;User Id=labuser;Password=labuser_#0015;" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="75" />

Everything appears normal, no errors when I launch the LanSweeper service or server but I get no data displayed in the server GUI, and no data in the web console. :w)
So what have I done wrong?
And how often is the service supposed to report to the server? (can this be configured?)
Thanks in advance. If I can get the service working and the server to display data then I am all set and will continue testing with other machines.
10 REPLIES 10
I found the problem is with my connection strings, can you offer any advice so that I can get it working?

Like I have below, all I need is a connection to DB, Catalog, with ID and Password. But mine does not work with the service.
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=DataServer1;Initial Catalog=lab;User ID=labuser;Password=labuser_#0015" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now