→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthH
Engaged Sweeper III
Windows 2008 R2 64-bit on VMware ESX & Lansweeper
Completely Fresh Install. Nothing else on the machine

I am having issues almost identical to:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm13974_2008-R2-Lansweeper-Service.aspx

11 REPLIES 11
NorthH
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok thanks for the info. I am reinstalling with Windows 2003 R2 64-bit. If I want to download SQL Express which 64 bit versions are safe for me to use?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
NorthH wrote:
Ok thanks for the info. I am reinstalling with Windows 2003 R2 64-bit. If I want to download SQL Express which 64 bit versions are safe for me to use?

No problems have been reported for that.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
From what we have found so far the problem is most likely caused by a bug in windows2008R2 only.
If you are creating a new virtual machine I would recommend another os while we search for a solution.
NorthH
Engaged Sweeper III
I also want to install IIS and use it as my webserver as the lansweeper webserver doesnt allow me to restrict access I believe.
NorthH
Engaged Sweeper III
I have completely reformatted and reinstalled the VM (Windows 2008 R2 64-bit).
I would like to install Lansweeper now.
I would like my SQL Data & Logs to live on a Drive other than the System Drive.Do I need to download SQL Express 64 on my own to accomplish this or will Lansweeper allow me to do this?
Is there any additional logging you want me to turn on before I install anything else?
fyi. I am not going to install VMware tools this time at all.
NorthH
Engaged Sweeper III
I would have to check my logs if it is the exact same issue. Did you install you SQL data & logs on a partition other than C:?
I did notice this similarity between our installs - a seperate install of SQL.

Question for lansweeper: Hace you seen sucsessful installs on w2k8 r2 64bit where lansweeper installs the db for you? Why did mine fail?
I had to uninstall and reinstall after this. I downloaded SQL express afterward, installed it the reinstalled lansweeper.
What logs can I provide?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
NorthH wrote:
I would have to check my logs if it is the exact same issue. Did you install you SQL data & logs on a partition other than C:?
I did notice this similarity between our installs - a seperate install of SQL.

Question for lansweeper: Hace you seen sucsessful installs on w2k8 r2 64bit where lansweeper installs the db for you? Why did mine fail?
I had to uninstall and reinstall after this. I downloaded SQL express afterward, installed it the reinstalled lansweeper.
What logs can I provide?

Please mail us the errorlog.txt file and eventviewer errors if you have them.
KHabershon
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm having the same exact issue. See my post http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst3585_RPC-Error-shutting-down-server.aspx
NorthH
Engaged Sweeper III
I have removed all group policies from The Computer, service accounts and the user I am logging on with. Same thing.