cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirArion
Engaged Sweeper
I have Lansweeper 4 installed and when I try and click Remote Control (VNC) I get a popup saying "You've forgotten to select a DSMPlugin and the Server used a DSMPlugin"

I downloaded the latest premium tools with the same result, I have the license.txt file in the same directory so uVNC 3.0.0.11 shows as registered.

I looked through the manual and these forums and nothing comes up about DSMPlugin. What am I missing on the setup/config?

The Action is simply: {actionpath}lsremote {computer} /np
9 REPLIES 9
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try if lsremote works from another source workstation so we can narrow the cause of this.
Lansweeper wrote:
Could you try if lsremote works from another source workstation so we can narrow the cause of this.

Tried this from two different XP machines and 1 windows 7 machine with the same result. Is there some diag or verbose error mode I can run to get better results?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SirArion wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

Tried this from two different XP machines and 1 windows 7 machine with the same result. Is there some diag or verbose error mode I can run to get better results?

Not really, please mail us at lansweeper@hemoco.com to try to solve this.
SirArion
Engaged Sweeper
"There is a difference between lsremote action and vnc action."

I'm not sure what you mean by this? I posted the action I have for the option I am clicking.

Description= Remote control
Action= {actionpath}lsremote {computer} /np

When I run this from the Basic Action menu of the computer I am looking at (any computer) I get the error about DSMPlugin.

We do not have VNC preinstalled on any of our computers. I was under the impression that lsremote would install and setup VNC, then uninstall after finished?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SirArion wrote:

We do not have VNC preinstalled on any of our computers. I was under the impression that lsremote would install and setup VNC, then uninstall after finished?

That is the idea.

"You've forgotten to select a DSMPlugin and the Server used a DSMPlugin"

This error usually occurs when vnc is already installed, in this case it must be another problem.

What is the source and target OS?
Do you have this on all remote computers?

The source OS was tested from Windows 7 as well as Windows XP SP3.
The target OS has been Win2000, WinXP, and Win7 and the results have been the same no matter the OS.

We do not have vnc preloaded but we have used a similiar process (pushvnc.exe) as lsremote in that it pushes the service, connects, then uninstalls when it is done. Is there a particular registry setting or file left over that might give this error?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SirArion wrote:

The source OS was tested from Windows 7 as well as Windows XP SP3.
The target OS has been Win2000, WinXP, and Win7 and the results have been the same no matter the OS.

We do not have vnc preloaded but we have used a similiar process (pushvnc.exe) as lsremote in that it pushes the service, connects, then uninstalls when it is done. Is there a particular registry setting or file left over that might give this error?

I would suggest contacting the creator of pushvnc for this question, we are not familiar with this software.
Lansweeper wrote:
I would suggest contacting the creator of pushvnc for this question, we are not familiar with this software.

Shouldn't matter, I have tested this with a clean burn that has not been connected to anything but the network and I get the DSMPlugin error.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a difference between lsremote action and vnc action.
Which one are you using?

If you are using lsremote and there is already another vnc server running on the client you will need to change the port in the lsremote options.