Engaged Sweeper
i have this problem, and i still couldn't fixed this

here my test result:

Ping test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote registry test OK
Remote WMI access test FAILED
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
Remote \\192.168.62.84\c$ access test OK

Error Log file :

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
LIDNG2ANTO\Antok
5/20/2008 12:20:34 PM : LIDNG2ANTO
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

web Errors tab:
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Please help me ....

11 REPLIES 11
pmcnamara
Engaged Sweeper
I have it working for both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of vista. The only thing I had to do was start and auto enable a service that is normally disabled by default in vista called "remote registry".
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pmcnamara wrote:
I have it working for both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of vista. The only thing I had to do was start and auto enable a service that is normally disabled by default in vista called "remote registry".

Indeed, on vista the remote registry service is disabled by default, you need to set it to automatic.
djm
Engaged Sweeper
Having the same issue. Seems to work on all clients but Vista. Running Vista Ultimate. Ping test OK- Remote registry test FAILED - Remote WMI access test OK
Was anyone able to get this working on VISTA?

I did start the remote registry service in Vista as it seems it is defaulted to manual. and the test now passes but no information is populated when I trigger the scan.
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
Problem already solved when i reinstall the windows, my question is there any method without uninstalling the windows..?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This can only mean one thing : the account does not have the necessary rights on this client.
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
C:\>ping -a 192.168.62.84

Pinging LIDNG2ANTO.mydomain [192.168.62.84] with 32

Reply from 192.168.62.84: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.62.84:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try a reverse lookup (ping -a 192.168.62.84)
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
I'm already check the account and the account have domain admin right running well on services

Pinging lidng2anto.mydomain [192.168.62.84] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.62.84: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.62.84: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.62.84: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.62.84: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.62.84:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 1ms

C:\>nslookup lidng2anto
Server: XXXXXXXXX
Address: XXXXXXXX

Name: lidng2anto.mydomain
Address: 192.168.62.84

error still the same

LIDNG2ANTO\Antok
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
thank before it for fastest reply..

How many machines are affected by this?

every computer when try connected using LSclient.exe

and what you mean "the account running your service not having the proper permissions to look up the user's details in active directory"

because the account that i used was already Domain Admin right