cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougMcG
Engaged Sweeper
I am remotely uninstalling a piece of software called Snap from a list of computers which I got from Lansweeper.

I run the remoteuninst.exe computer name and it comes back with a list of software. I then uninstall the software on multiple computers using power shell. In the remoteuninst.exe I disconnect from the computer and then reconnect to it and it still lists the software that was uninstalled.

If I run the power shell cmdlet get-msiproduct -name snap* -computer computername it shows that the uninstall worked and the snap client that I uninstalled is no longer there.

Where is remoteuninst getting the list of software from? Is it the database or directly from the client ?

Why would power shell and Lansweeper come back with different results ?

Thanks,
Douglas
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
DougMcG wrote:
Where is remoteuninst getting the list of software from? Is it the database or directly from the client?

Directly from the client.

Could you verify whether the software package is still listed under Add/Remove Programs, which is what Remote Uninstall tries to replicate. Some software packages may require you to reboot the machine to see the uninstall take effect.