cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bleonard
Engaged Sweeper
With LanSweeper Premium we like the features Remote Control and Take Screenshot.
But it seems as if these activities take place in the background and are unknown to the end-user (Remote Control provides a screen flash but that appears about it). This is fine for most personnel, but for executives and those in sensitive positions it creates a possible security issue.

Is there any way to restrict within LanSweeper what client systems these tools may run on, or have the tools "lsremote.exe, screengrab.exe" send an acceptance request to the end-user before displaying desktop data to the technical staff using LanSweeper? I did not identify any switch settings at launch that would accomplish this.

Thanks, Bleonard
3 REPLIES 3
karl800
Engaged Sweeper
I've just had the same problem, We have just started using this, and started to have users complaining. as in away of we can connect to them anytime without them knowing..

Is there a batch script we could use at the same time.. so it fires up the screengrab, as well as sends a netsend to the user or something..

Might be something worth looking into.

Or have the option in new versions of screengrab and lsremote, that you can tick to allow the user know you are using a tool on them.

Thanks
Bleonard
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the prompt reply. I recognize rights of administrators on systems, but not having any notice to end-user (like MS Offer Remote Assistance process) is not quite the same.
Bleonard
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This behaviour is not build in (and will probably be changed since you are not the first one asking this)

But know this:
If the user is an administrator of the target computer this is always possible with Lansweeper tools or with other tools.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now