→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wikyd
Engaged Sweeper
Hey all,

My company is relatively new to Lansweeper so I'm sorry if we sound a little slow.

My boss has tasked me with trying to compile a list of software that would require licensing/subscriptions in order to determine if we are compliant. I noticed that lansweeper has the Software licensekey overview which listed a lot of Adobe and Windows license keys but not much else. Is there a way I can scan our network and compile a list of programs that would require licensing or how do you guys recommend going about this? Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does not try to classify software in any way. It doesn't try to determine what kind of software a software package is or whether or not it requires licensing. These features are on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for them.

- Software scanning recreates Add/Remove Programs on your client machines.
- Product key scanning checks several hundreds of registry locations for software product keys.
- The license compliance module under Configuration/License Compliance/License Tracking is meant to be configured manually.