→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkrato
Engaged Sweeper
I have a report set up to be emailed to me a couple times a week. The report notifies me which printers have low toner. It is the default "Device almost out of toner" report. However, I have noticed that none of the information in the report changes. It is always the same 16 devices, with the same percentage of toner left. It says the last time these objects were scanned were 2.5.2013. Do I have to specify that the printers need to be scanned everyday? Or should they be getting scanned automatically? Why aren't the reports up to date? Thank you

- Jared
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
- Screenshot of the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods.
- Screenshot of one problem printer's Lansweeper webpage.
- Screenshot of a connection test performed to the printer using the DeviceTester.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, connecting to the printer's IP address, and show us the entire test window.
jkrato
Engaged Sweeper
I believe they are. I have enabled active scanning for my entire domain and also my entire IP address range. Is there something else that needs to be enabled? Everything has been kept default as far as scanning options go, and as mentioned before these printers were scanned with the initial scan at setup.

Thanks
-Jared
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please verify whether your printers are still submitted for IP Address Range Scanning, under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods. Note that this scanning method is only available in non-freeware versions of Lansweeper.