cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srnet
Engaged Sweeper
The Scanned File option allows you to scan for the presense of files in \Program Files and \Windows.

This only seems to return results if the file being scanned has version information inside it, such as an exe file. This is perhaps not surprising since the table the info ends up in is tblFileversions.

I want to check for the existance of a file with a .lic extension, since this tells me if a particular computer has an installed and licensed copy of a particular piece of software, when the software is installed a license file is created, this has a .lic extension.

Is there a way of reporting on files with no version info inside them ?
2 REPLIES 2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is a known issue, it will be fixed in the next release
Srnet
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
This is a known issue, it will be fixed in the next release

Absolutly brilliant.

Any ideas yet when the next release is due ?

I must say I am extreemly impressed with what LANsweeper can do, straight out of the box.

I had spent many many hours trying to presuade the Mcafee ePO to scan for registry keys, but failed to get it to work at all, the dat output was just garbage. Once I had Lansweeper installed, at the first attempt I got it to dump the contents of a reg key scan into a SQL table, where I was very easily able to extract the data to a spreadsheet using DbVisualizer.

In particular I am impressed with how quick it can audit a PC, it only takes a few seconds and can easily be triggered from a remote command line or batch file.