cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bocsg
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

May I know how frequent lansweeper scan the network ? Is it configurable ? I have been running lansweeper for more than 8 hours. Out of the 400 PCs on the network, Lansweeper only detected 80+ till this morning. How should I go about it for my very first scan ?

Thanks and Regards,
6 REPLIES 6
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
I use Port Query to find network port and Active Directory LDAP communication related issues. If you run this from the Lansweeper server and the client side, you can normally spot the root cause within seconds. Queries to the local domain controller can also be performed effortlessly, to rule out many authentication problems.

This Microsoft utility can be found here...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=8355e537-1ea6-4569-aabb-f248f4bd91d0&displaylang=en
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
On a first scan (if you use active scanning) it is recommended to restart the service, then it will look back 14 days into active directory to scan these computers. (will give RPC errors for computers that are switched off)
bocsg
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
On a first scan (if you use active scanning) it is recommended to restart the service, then it will look back 14 days into active directory to scan these computers. (will give RPC errors for computers that are switched off)

Hi there,
I have configured GPO to enable Windows Firewall to Allow remote administration exception.
I have confirmed that the GPO did appy to the PC by checking the PC setting, but i still receive the following messages

Cannot connect to DCOM port 135: Firewalled ?
The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA.

Base on the above error messages, I had run through the troubleshooting guide and found no exception.

What could be the causes ?

TIA
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bocsg wrote:

Base on the above error messages, I had run through the troubleshooting guide and found no exception.

Windows firewall
Third party firewall
Dcom not enabled
Dns name pointing to wrong IP address
Computer switched off
bocsg
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
bocsg wrote:

Windows firewall
Third party firewall
Dcom not enabled
Dns name pointing to wrong IP address
Computer switched off

Is Lansweeper using broadcast to scan ? We've a no of VLANs on the network, only those PCs sits on the same VLAN as the scanning server are OK. Those on different VLANs all receive the above error message
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

Is Lansweeper using broadcast to scan ? We've a no of VLANs on the network, only those PCs sits on the same VLAN as the scanning server are OK. Those on different VLANs all receive the above error message

This might help: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/used-TCP-ports.aspx