cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anders_EEL
Engaged Sweeper
Hello
downloaded latest version 3.5 and installed it.
installation fine but when I go to the web console I get "Server Error/security exception"

I found one topic with same problem
Lansweeper Forum » Lansweeper » Solved/Old Lansweeper issues » Runtime Error / asp.net error

but I could not download the new web.config-file from support.

I attach my web.config-file
6 REPLIES 6
Anders_EEL
Engaged Sweeper
Hello
Since I have MS Team Foundation Server installed on that server I do not want to run regiis.

I reinstalled on a brand new server.
Installed IIS and started Lansweeper installation.
It downloaded .Net 2.0 and installed it for me.

Now the webconsole works.

Next step is to test collecting information.

Thank you Lansweeper support for your time.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you referring to this post? http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm6772_Web-Console-Error-after-Upgrade-from-32-to-35.aspx

This is another problem.
dlwright
Engaged Sweeper
I have this same problem after upgrading from 3.2 to 3.5. I ran the asp command line you posted but did not see a change.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please try (from the command prompt)

cd C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -i
Anders_EEL
Engaged Sweeper
Hello
New installation, win srv 2003R2 std sp2.

with the web.config i attached in previoous post i get this message:

Server Error in '/lansweeper' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission]
System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.get_EnableLegacyRendering() +37
System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.OnInit() +143
System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) +273
AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) +174
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +7350
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +213
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Was this an upgrade of a new installation?

Please provide a screenshot of the screen and your server details. (if it was a new install)