cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veei
Engaged Sweeper
Hey,

Just started using the product and am super impressed so far. A few questions before our shop goes forward with using this:

1) It seems if you go premium, you can edit quite a few things such as reports and actions. As we still use static IP numbers in our network, it is SUPER important that we have this basic information display when listing computers from reports or simple domain wide listings from the Digital Dashboard. In premium version, is there a way to make sure that info is always displayed and/or make it a default to display for all reports? Can I modify the domain list to include the IP field?

2) We use in-house asset tags. We utilize the Dell asset tags for our Dell machines as well. We want to be able to use Lansweeper to track our internal Asset numbers as well as Dell Tags. Is there a good way to do this? I don't see a way to edit a field in a computer record from the database or to add a field. What would be the best practice to integrate our asset tags? Would we have enter this info on the machines themselves instead of editing the computer's record in the Lansweeper db?

Thx in advance,

V
4 REPLIES 4
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
I don't know about adding it by default to reports, aside from editing each report individually. To add something to the domain view, I had to modify a webpage (it-alldomain.aspx) and modify a stored procedure in the DB (dbo.Web30computers). It isn't too hard to figure out if you have a background in programming.

I recommend keeping a backup copy of all modified files, in the event that you have to re-install or an update over-writes your changes.
veei
Engaged Sweeper
The AD Computer object might be the better option.

What about question 1? How hard is it to change that info? Am I going to have to do days or weeks of updating pages to get the info to display? And then what about when there's an update? I have to do all the work again?
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
1) Yes, this is possible, but you need to have a decent understanding of the database as well as web programming to do it.

2) You could try setting the description of each computer to your in-house tag. It'll be a pain to change it on all of your systems, but I don't really see any other way to do it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
taeratrin wrote:
2) You could try setting the description of each computer to your in-house tag. It'll be a pain to change it on all of your systems, but I don't really see any other way to do it.

Maybe better for 2 might be to store in in a custom registry key and gather this key on all computers.
Or store it in one of the active directory computer scanned fields (premium).

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now