cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Hello,

We bought lansweeper on 7/30/13, it scanned and was able to see 121 computers on our domain. The next day it scanned with the same result. Then on 8/1 we were unable to scan 19 computers, all stating:

Access Denied
Local (.\administrator), Global (rti-cad-cam\Administrator)
08/21/2013 08:31:04

Here's what I've already ruled out:
OS Updates: Of the 19 machines 9 are win 7, 6 are XP, 2 are win 2000, and 2 are Win 2008 R2
IP Address: They are in controlled blocks, based on role, and these 19 are in 5 different blocks. We use DHCP, and I have verified no IP changes occurred for the servers.
Credentials: I am able to use the same credentials and gain access to the admin share, as well as control/edit the machines.
Time: I have verified the system time is within a min of the domain.
Firewall: Our windows policy turns off local firewalls.
Connection: I ran the Lansweeper connection test on them and they are all fine.

Any ideas??
12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Problem resolved through email. An invalid scanning credential password was submitted within Lansweeper. The credential's password was likely changed at some point, but not updated within Lansweeper.
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Thanks! I just sent the information in, hoping for good news soon!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
• Program Files (x86)/Lansweeper/Service/Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
• Screenshots of one problem machine’s Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors.
• Screenshot of a connection test performed to the problem machine using testconnection.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/TestConnection.exe
Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, check “alternate credentials”, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the machine and show us the entire test window.