cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper

I Can't open my Lansweeper web console, here's my errorlog :

3/17/2009 3:43:10 PM: Database connection successful, starting up service

3/17/2009 3:43:10 PM: DIDNG3TESTSRV String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at LansweeperService.sweeperthread.UpdateIP(clsComputer mycomputer, SqlConnection& sqlcon)

I Use Windows 2008 server(x64) with default IIS 7, i try install Database and Service on different Computer,
I Use Sql Server 2005 as database server.

13 REPLIES 13
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To reregister IIS with asp.net use the Aspnet_regiis.exe tool

See this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
i think i have same problem with this thread
"Solved/Old Lansweeper issues » HTTP Error 403.18 on Server 2008"

but i still confuse, cause that guy said :
"I found that IIS was missing dot.net and aspnet. I added those roles and it now works. I noticed this before removing IIS as you suggested. I did not have to reinstall Lansweeper. Thanks for your help."

when i install iis, .net framework already installed.

please somebody explain to me
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please post a screenshot of the SQL server management studio with the output of the alter table script visible please.
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
when i run this query:

select * from tblComputers

here's the result:
===========
DIDNG3NET02 PTID PTID administrator 2009-03-19 13:18:49.160 2009-03-19 13:18:49.160 NULL NULL NULL DIDNG3NET02.ptid.co.id 192.168.1.1
DIDNG3TESTSRV PTID PTID administrator 2009-03-19 13:20:54.413 2009-03-19 12:54:47.787 NULL NULL 2009-03-19 12:54:47.787 DIDNG3TESTSRV.ptid.co.id 192.168.1.2
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
as your requested, I'm already run that command on my sqlserver, it run successfully.
So, what's the next step after that.. cause i have no clue to solve this problem.
ryan_kotzen wrote:
as your requested, I'm already run that command on my sqlserver, it run successfully.
So, what's the next step after that.. cause i have no clue to solve this problem.

Could you please post a screenshot of the SQL server management studio with the output of the script visible please.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Just to be sure : could you please run

ALTER TABLE tblComputers ALTER COLUMN LastknownIP varchar(100)

From the query analyser that comes with SQL server instead of the one that comes with Lansweeper
ryan_kotzen
Engaged Sweeper
Yup
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is DIDNG3TESTSRV the server where you installed lansweeper service?