cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RIdalski
Engaged Sweeper
Is there anyway to wildcard a username in the 'Allowed administrators' section?

For example we create a local administrative account on each of your machines, this username always uses the same convention of admin<users initials>. I've tried various methods to try to achieve allowing admin* , but no luck thus far. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No, could you please contact us by e-mail lansweeper@hemoco.com to try to find the cause of this.
RIdalski
Engaged Sweeper
Any luck replicating this or finding a workable wildcard?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The query does indeed look the same.

I will try to reproduce this issue.
RIdalski
Engaged Sweeper
What differed, and what difference should I see?

Reports come back the same.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please try with this sql:

SELECT      TOP 1000000 dbo.tblComputers.ComputerUnique, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Computername, dbo.tblComputers.Domain,
dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Domainname, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Username, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Lastchanged,
dbo.Web40OSName.Compimage AS icon
FROM dbo.tblUsersInGroup INNER JOIN
dbo.tblComputers ON dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Computername = dbo.tblComputers.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblOperatingsystem ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.web40ActiveComputers ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.web40ActiveComputers.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.Web40OSName ON dbo.Web40OSName.Computername = dbo.tblComputers.Computername LEFT OUTER JOIN
(SELECT DISTINCT *
FROM (SELECT dbo.tblComputers.Computer AS Domain, dbo.tblUsers.Name AS Username
FROM dbo.tblComputers INNER JOIN
dbo.tblUsers ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblUsers.Computername
WHERE dbo.tblUsers.BuildInAdmin = 1
UNION
SELECT tsysadmins.Domain, tsysadmins.AdminName AS username
FROM tsysadmins) DERIVEDTBL) localadmins ON dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Domainname LIKE localadmins.Domain AND
dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Username = localadmins.Username
WHERE (localadmins.Domain IS NULL) AND (localadmins.Username IS NULL) AND (dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Admingroup = 1)
ORDER BY dbo.tblComputers.Computer
RIdalski
Engaged Sweeper
Like so?

Select Top 1000000 dbo.tblComputers.ComputerUnique, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Computername, dbo.tblComputers.Domain, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Domainname, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Username, dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Lastchanged, dbo.Web40OSName.Compimage As icon From dbo.tblUsersInGroup Inner Join dbo.tblComputers On dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Computername = dbo.tblComputers.Computername Inner Join dbo.tblOperatingsystem On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join dbo.web40ActiveComputers On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join dbo.Web40OSName On dbo.Web40OSName.Computername = dbo.tblComputers.Computername Left Outer Join (Select Distinct * From (Select dbo.tblComputers.Computer As Domain, dbo.tblUsers.Name As Username From dbo.tblComputers Inner Join dbo.tblUsers On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblUsers.Computername Where dbo.tblUsers.BuildInAdmin = 1 Union Select tsysadmins.Domain, tsysadmins.AdminName As username From tsysadmins) DERIVEDTBL) localadmins On dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Domainname Like localadmins.Domain And dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Username = localadmins.Username Where localadmins.Domain Is Null And localadmins.Username Is Null And dbo.tblUsersInGroup.Admingroup = 1 Order By dbo.tblComputers.Computer
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Go to the report builder, click to edit the report and copy/paste the SQL code.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post the definition of your unauthorised administrators report please.
Lansweeper wrote:
Could you post the definition of your unauthorised administrators report please.

What would this be and where would I find it?
I posted in the screenshot about what I have in the Configurator for it.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now