cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodgal
Engaged Sweeper
I am migrating from Microsoft Office 2000 to Microsoft Office 2007 on a PC that has Microsoft XP OS. As part of the migration I have uninstalled Office 2000 from my machine but Lansweeper is still reporting that it is installed.

After reading the lansweeper forums and checking the microsoft sites (which does indicate that Office 2000 does not uninstall completely) I deleted the registry entries for Office on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and just in case HKEY_CURRENT_USER but still Lansweeper is reporting the Office 2000 is installed. I have checked the wait time for software and it is set to 1 which I understand is scan for software every 24 hours - Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated - if I can't resolve this issue then Lansweeper will be of no benefit to our site - I need it to report actual software installed.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
dodgal
Engaged Sweeper
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{00010409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7} appears to be a remnant of the Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional installation. I removed this key and rescanned the PC and Lansweeper is no longer reporting that Office 2000 is installed. This may have been caused by the original installation location no longer being available.

Thanks for the pointers!

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please make an export from the following registry key and upload it

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Also please upload a screenshot of the lansweeper screen showing the software.
dodgal
Engaged Sweeper
No its not listed. I have proceeded with the Office 2007 install and that is the only ref to Microsoft Office in Add/Remove Programs. I have also deleted my computer from Lansweeper and scanned it in again and Lansweeper is now reporting that I have both Microsoft Office 2000 and 2007 installed.

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you open the "add remove program" do you see the old version listed?