cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_mitchell
Engaged Sweeper II
Due to some values containing things such as & or +, or other characters which will affect the way a parameter is handled via HTTP get.

Pages such as software installed when you have items like
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable"
"Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4"

Will fail to work because of this bug.

Has there been any plans to port the web service over to linux? or even the whole service and use wmeb/wmi queries from linux.

I quiet prefer to have the security of a better webserver, and db server. Also possibly using mysql rather then ms sql.
2 REPLIES 2
james_mitchell
Engaged Sweeper II
I like your program, would you mind if I spent some time moving things to PHP and building an open source based implementation.

I understand it might take away from potential income, but if there is a few contributers, it will make things alot easier.

If you do not agree with this idea, i'm quiet happy to still use your product, and plan my own.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
james_mitchell wrote:
Due to some values containing things such as & or +, or other characters which will affect the way a parameter is handled via HTTP get.

Pages such as software installed when you have items like
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable"
"Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4"

Will fail to work because of this bug.

Has there been any plans to port the web service over to linux? or even the whole service and use wmeb/wmi queries from linux.

I quiet prefer to have the security of a better webserver, and db server. Also possibly using mysql rather then ms sql.

The encoding issue should have been solved in 3.2
The application will not be ported to linux.