cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdecenso
Engaged Sweeper
Hello All,

I have brought this issue up before with Lansweeper 3.5, and I was hoping it would be different in 4.0.

The issue is that I have PCs that the username that shows the person who last logged into the machine is:

DOMAIN\domain

I have attached a screenshot for you to view.

The only thing I can think of is that the user is omiting the domain in the username field on Windows Logon Screen.

i.e. domain\username

Any help would be great.

Tim
14 REPLIES 14
tdecenso
Engaged Sweeper
LANSWEEPER DID IT.

They sent me a development update and it corrected the problem.

Your guys are the best.

Thank you again.
tdecenso
Engaged Sweeper
Well, I have found out what is causing this issue.

When a users logs into Windows the do username, password, domain

But in Windows if you include the domain in the username box the domain field gets grayed out.

So when a user logs in like domain\username, password into Windows, WMI will show the domain twice in the username field.

Still looking into correcting the issue.

Tim

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
tdecenso wrote:

So when a user logs in like domain\username, password into Windows, WMI will show the domain twice in the username field.

Nice find, do you have a link to a microsoft page that explains the problem?
We'll create a fix for this in the service.

Can you test what WMI returns on these machines if the user logs on with the upn name.
Lansweeper wrote:
tdecenso wrote:

Nice find, do you have a link to a microsoft page that explains the problem?
We'll create a fix for this in the service.

Can you test what WMI returns on these machines if the user logs on with the upn name.

I have not found this issue posted on Microsoft's Web Site. I couldn't find anyone else having this issue on the inter webs.

I just went on a gut feeling. I logged the normal way to a computer that was having this issue, ran an lstrigger scan and the username showed right.

Logged out and logged back in with the domain inside the username field and that brought the problem back.

I have attached a screen shot from the WMI query program.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us by e-mail for this problem.
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
The affected systems are running Windows XP SP3 various hardware.
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
I just ran the following query substituting my domain with 'domainname' and it returned 508 computers out of the 2389 in tblComputers so about 20% of computers in my environment. Some have it all the time for user logins, others have it appear occasionally with the correct user login appearing at other times. It pulls this information from the domain controllers, correct?

SELECT DISTINCT
tblComputers.ComputerUnique,[lansweeperdb].[dbo].[tblCPlogoninfo].[Domain],[lansweeperdb].[dbo].[tblCPlogoninfo].[Username]
FROM [lansweeperdb].[dbo].[tblCPlogoninfo] left join tblComputers on tblCPlogoninfo.Computername = tblComputers.Computername
where
[lansweeperdb].[dbo].[tblCPlogoninfo].[Domain] = 'domainname' and
[lansweeperdb].[dbo].[tblCPlogoninfo].[Username] = 'domainname'
ORDER BY ComputerUnique
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is this a recurring problem on the same computer? (can you reproduce it for testing)
Lansweeper wrote:
Is this a recurring problem on the same computer? (can you reproduce it for testing)

It reproduces daily. I had user reboot made sure they logged in correctly, and not omitting the domain in the username field, triggered a scan on the PC and still the same.