cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT_SAM
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Guys,

Any help on this would be great....

We are currently using lansweeper 1.0.0.14 to uninstall various applications across our estate, focusing on Visio and Project.

We have been able to unsinstall 2003 editions of this software but not 2007. It wont allow us to do this and im unsure as to why - does anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks,

IT_SAM
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There are 3 types of software:

MSI packages:
These are uninstalled by the MSIexec command.
Adding the /QN /NORESTART parameters makes the uninstall invisible to the remote users.

Other installers:
They might have optional parameters to run the uninstall hidden but this depends on the software and is not always available. You will need to check the documentation of the software vendor for additional (silent) uninstall parameters.

Not allowed to remove:
Some software is not allowed to be removed by the software vendor because it will most likely break windows functionality.
IT_SAM
Engaged Sweeper
There isnt a QN in the uninstall command it just says

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall VISSTD /dll OSETUP.DLL
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you click the "uninstall" button, you can see the command that's being executed at the remote computer.
it will be something like "msiexec.exe /QN ..."

You need to test this command at the remote computer , but without the "/QN" parameter.

When you do this, the command won't run silently and you will be able to see error messages (if any)
IT_SAM
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Im not sure what you mean? I want to be able to uninstall silently using lansweeper from various machines on the network.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Try to run the uninstall command manually on the target computer, leave out the "/QN" parameter.
This should give you a better error message.
IT_SAM
Engaged Sweeper
If i leave it it will just keep trying to uninstall and never happen.

If i expand it and try uninstalling all the elements individually it will work for some but i will receive an error message for others (eg, security patches).
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you get an error?

Did you try the uninstall command manually on the target machine?