cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbarabozzy
Engaged Sweeper
Hi everybody,

We've just bought a Premium Version.

We have problems with 2 computers running Vista SP1 (Everything works well on Vista without SP1), the error is always "Access Is Denied Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 etc etc..."

Firewall is disabled, Remote registry service is enabled, I tried the tool to repair WMI with no success... Can anybody help me?

Another thing: How can I fix the "Provider Error" that I find on the "Errors" page of a single computer?

Thanks!
Bye
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely the default rights of wmi have been changed on this client.
Try microsoft wmdiag tool : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d7ba3cd6-18d1-4d05-b11e-4c64192ae97d&displaylang=en
sbarabozzy
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for your reply.

I solved the provider error by connecting to the pc with a local (not domain) administrator user, then I launched lsclient.exe and everything worked well.

For the other problem, i made some test with connection tester. Test fails on both fqdn, computername and ipaddress.
It works if I execute the test with computer's local admin rights...(but lansweeper scan fails if I logon on the computer with local admi rights and I execute lsclient...)

Do you have any suggests? Thanks!

Bye
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try the connectiontester from the server to the client on both fqdn, computername and ipaddress please.

Don't worry about the provider error, not all providers are implemented on all computer/computer models.
ex: a computer without cdrom will give this error when scanning the cd-rom information.