cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarkkent
Engaged Sweeper
I have the Enterprise version of VNC and would like to use VNC from the Action menu. However, when I click on it the response received is File not Found and the status bar reads:

javascript:runApp('vncviewer.exe computername','false');

VNC is loaded on my computer in C:\Program Files(x86)\RealVNC\vnc4\vncviewer.exe
I have also modified the Local Security settings in IE to prompt.

I have also tried this from another computer running the VNC viewer and I am getting the same result.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We had a similar problem with the firefox plugin everything works, only some versions of vncviewer just don't work (others do)

Strange thing that they worked in IE7. and also all other actions worked.
clarkkent
Engaged Sweeper
Ping does work. I added notepad and it also worked.
Also checked the active x settings in local and they are set to allow.
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
I have only used IE 6 and 7 for Lansweeper.

When you click on ping does that work?

When you put in just "notepad.exe" does it open?

You said you changed the settings, but just double checking. Bring up Internet settings, click on security, click on "Local Intranet", click Custom Level, then make sure all ActiveX settings are set to enable.

I'll see if I can get IE8 and test Lansweeper myself.
clarkkent
Engaged Sweeper
Internet Explorer 8

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you use this action from firefox or internet explorer?
clarkkent
Engaged Sweeper
I created the notepad action as you suggested and got the same File not found error. When that failed I even went to Start / Run and entered c:\%windir%\system32\notepad.exe and it came right up. Forgot to mention that I think my VNC should work. It is the Enterprise version and I currently use it outside of Lansweeper with no problems. I liked the idea of being able to use it within Lansweeper.

Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Just tested it with another application and it worked for me. Are you sure your VNC supports the PC name after?

Try removing the {computer} and see if it pops up. If not then next make a custom action for notepad and see if that comes up.
clarkkent
Engaged Sweeper
I did try changing the path in the Custom Actions to C:\Program Files (x86)\RealVNC\VNC4 but got the same file not found error. I know the file is there because I navigated to the folder to verify it.
clarkkent
Engaged Sweeper
I am not sure that would work because it would be different for 32 bit XP versus 64 bit XP