cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firmdale
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi

Is Wake On Lan (WOL) working OK with latest Lansweeper version 4.2.0.68?

Thank you
Dawid
5 REPLIES 5
firmdale
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi

I found that " Remove ":" from Mac addresses when using WOL" was un-ticked.
After selecting this option WOL works OK.

Thank you
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
firmdale wrote:
Hi

I found that " Remove ":" from Mac addresses when using WOL" was un-ticked.
After selecting this option WOL works OK.

Thank you

Our apologies, we had failed to notice that the colons were indeed not removed from the MAC address. For anyone else: this setting can also be found in the configuration console under Configuration\Custom Actions.
firmdale
Engaged Sweeper II
Hmm that's what I thought but it doesn't work for me.

This is a command that it executes but nothing happens:

javascript:runApp('\\\\my_lansweeper_server\\lansweeper$\\wol.exe 00:1E:4F:BB:9A:32','true');
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
firmdale wrote:
This is a command that it executes but nothing happens

Do you also not receive a confirmation window?

Could you ensure that:
- Your browser is properly configured to run custom actions. Instructions can be found on page 77 and beyond of our online documentation. We support Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
- The wol.exe is present on your Lansweeper server under Program Files\Lansweeper\Actions.
- The folder Program Files\Lansweeper\Actions is shared. The default share name is “lansweeper$” (without the quotes).
- The folder’s “Network Path” is entered correctly in your Lansweeper configuration console under Configuration\Custom Actions. Your “Action path” should be the same as the “Network Path” of your Program Files\Lansweeper\Actions folder.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes, it is. To perform a WOL, surf to the computer's Lansweeper webpage and under Actions\Network Wake On Lan, click on one of the network cards.