cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmn
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there.
There is exactly ONE computer in my network that is not discovered by lansweeper console. I checked that all the SNMP settings are correct and I manually startet lsclient.exe from this PC. It is a 2003 Server-PC just like many others.
So now I'm trying to find out if there are any other services or even protocols that need to be installed and active?
If so, could you maybe provide a list?
If you have any other idea of commonly made mistakes that could apply, please let me know!

Greetz
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can follow instructions here to repair WMI on the computer:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
gmn
Engaged Sweeper
No ideas?
gmn
Engaged Sweeper
I realized that this specific server is extremely slow, e.g. when I gain access via Remote Control.
Also the Connection Tester takes about half a minute for all the tests.
I just ran it twice. The first time, everything was OK (apart from that strange 30-seconds-delay after the Ping-Test). The second time (which I ran only two minutes after the first time) I get the following WMI error (translated from German):

Remote WMI access test FAILED
Call cancelled by messagefilter (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010002 (RPC_E_CALL_CANCELED))

Is it possible that I simply have a Timeout-Problem? Is there a way to change the settings for Timeouts?

I couldn't find this error anywhere else in the Forum. Hope someone has come across it before.
I appreciate your support!

Edit:
I just ran a third test, just for fun. This time I get my responses quicker, however I get tons of errors:

Ping Test OK
----------------------------
Remote registry test FAILED
Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation
Remote WMI access test FAILED
The RPC-Server is not available. (HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
Remote \\10.222.206.202\c$ access test FAILED

No changes were made on the server, the RPC-service is running! Strange, hum?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SNMP is not needed for Lansweeper.

See the knowledgebase for all settings needed : http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/knowledgebase.aspx