cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

Last week the helpdesk in LS stopped working. At first, I thought that it was because we used IMAP to collect and SMPT to send. And now when O365 has disabled basic authentication for those protocols we needed to change to Microsoft Graph. I followed the guide to do this. (https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/microsoft-graph-email-configuration/)
Both incoming and outgoing is verified. I can see that the service sends email, because they appear in the sent folder for the mailbox. If we restart lansweeperservice or reboot the server, incoming emails are processed. Also, I have entered all credentials to the software Mailtester in Lansweeper\Tools. And all test there, using the settings for Microsoft Grahp are successful.
But LS don’t update anything from the mailbox. No cases are updated whit information from incoming email. No updates in any cases are sent out to our users. I also noticed that since the mail stopped working. The server is running higher on CPU then before. Usually above 50% load, so I guess that there is something stuck somewhere in LS.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TDM
Engaged Sweeper II

i had the "keeps spinning" issue too after implementing the Graph solution, it looks like it happened when i changed the existing mail configuration to the graph config. i resolved it by completely removing the email account configuration, and then implement it again. seems like something fails to update correctly if you just edit the existing mail configuration

View solution in original post

Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

Last night LS started working again. It looks as if some of the mail that were supposed to be sent, has been sent. But not al of them. Also CPU load is back to normal, about average 5-10%. Not sure on why it works again. Nothing in Windows logs, nothing new in errorlog.txt or web_errorlog.txt. So I don't know what the solution was.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

Last night LS started working again. It looks as if some of the mail that were supposed to be sent, has been sent. But not al of them. Also CPU load is back to normal, about average 5-10%. Not sure on why it works again. Nothing in Windows logs, nothing new in errorlog.txt or web_errorlog.txt. So I don't know what the solution was.

slloyd
Engaged Sweeper

We have been having this issue as well.  We moved to Microsoft Graph months ago and it has been working flawlessly, then last week this started and we have had to reboot the server once every couple of days for the last two weeks to get it to keep processing emails. Looking at the error logs, everything is fine, then around 2 or 3 in the morning there is just suspiciously nothing in the error logs for hours until we reboot the server, then it shows all the logs of the system starting up and doing scanning and whatnot.   I suspect there is something going on with the MS graph implementation in lansweeper, I agree with the above poster that MS has likely made some small change that has broken something. 

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

If you haven't already, we would appreciate it if you contact our support team, as mentioned on this thread. We are gathering logs so we can escalate the issue to our developers if required.

Sent. 

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

If you are unable to resolve your helpdesk email configuration issues, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@lansweeper.com they will be more than happy to help. 

For reporting helpdesk issues, we recommend including the following information so we can have an in-depth look:

• A copy of the following files:
    • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
    • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
  • Screenshots of the result with the MailTester found under Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service. For the outgoing test and the incoming test.
  • Screenshot of your helpdesk email account settings under Configuration\E-mail settings. Show us the following tabs:
    • General settings.
    • Incoming.
    • Outgoing.
  • If applicable, a screenshot of your helpdesk email account as found in the user section of your Azure Portal. Show us the account details, including the UPN, e-mail address and aliases. 

We also want to remind you of this issue that is causing the bulk of the helpdesk issues:

Microsoft is removing the ability to use Basic authentication in Exchange Online for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), POP, IMAP, Remote PowerShell, Exchange Web Services (EWS), Offline Address Book (OAB), Outlook for Windows, and Mac. They are also disabling SMTP AUTH in all tenants in which it's not being used.

This decision requires customers to move from apps that use basic authentication to apps that use Modern authentication. Modern authentication (OAuth 2.0 token-based authorization) has many benefits and improvements that help mitigate the issues in basic authentication.

For Lansweeper, to use an O365 email account to send or receive emails in Lansweeper, make sure that:

• You've already set up your Microsoft Cloud Services application.
  • You're in possession of your Microsoft Cloud Services application's Application (client) ID, Directory (tenant) ID, and Client secret.

This is explained in full detail in this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/microsoft-graph-email-configuration/

Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

I am in contact whit support already. Al the steps above are provided to support. But one reply over email every/every other day, makes progress verry slow. If you are in anyway able to assist me directly, you are more than welcome to contact me!

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We apologize for any delayed replies, but we are currently flooded with support cases regarding broken email configurations after the recent Microsoft changes.

However, if you are saying that the Lansweeper service is, in fact, processing emails after every restart, and then just stops after a while, this might be an indication that your Lansweeper service is somewhat overloaded. As a test, you could disable all scanning targets on the scanning server that you have set up as your helpdesk mail server. Then restart said scanning service, and see if the helpdesk keeps processing emails.

If this test is successful, you could set up an additional scanning server without any scanning targets, and make this your dedicated helpdesk mail server: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-servers/

TDM
Engaged Sweeper II

Ours started working after implementing the Microsoft Graph solution, HOWEVER, we had to delete the line with mail config from the lansweeper config completely first,  if we just adjusted the old configuration to microsoft graph, we got the "green" checkmarks indicating everything was fine,  but the system was not picking up any new tickets, replies or sending out any replies.  it was resolved after removing the mail config completely and start again from scratch. 

Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

I just tried this. I even did a reboot of the server after removing the email accounts. When I added the first account, it started to process incomming email. But after all was processed it stoped. And don't pick up any more after that.
No updates from helpdesk tickets get sent to our users.