cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathiau
Engaged Sweeper
We have 9 systems on a network, and they all show under this report.

they are running Microsoft Security Essentials some v1 other v2, is this a compatibility issue of LanSweeper not properly finding the AV?

The Desktops are Windows 7 x64 Professional, using the latest LanSweeper 4.1.0.14

if you check on the software in LanSweeper for any of the systems it does show

Microsoft Security Essentials

in the list.
10 REPLIES 10
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
In order to not show computer having an AV installed, I have added the Kaspersky Agent software name to the Anti-virus software names :
Kaspersky Lab Network Agent

The agent is not installed as hidden, and computer with Kaspersky AV have the agent, so this solved my query.

Thanks !
Groupe Rodeus
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
By "error" do you mean that computers with anti-virus software are still showing up in the report "Workstation: All workstations without Anti-virus software"?

Yes, exactly. All my Kaspersky AV installed computers appears in this report.

A rescan should not be necessary for this report to be updated after adding anti-virus entries.

Normally I just F5 the page and results gets updated. But it didn't so I launched a Rescan.

Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- Screenshot of how you entered the anti-virus packages in the configuration console, under Configuration\Anti-Virus Software.

SEE Lansweeper_01.JPG
- Screenshot of the Lansweeper webpage for a computer that you believe should not be in the previously mentioned report. Specifically, show us the Kaspersky software packages in the Software section of the computer's webpage.

I understand now this is caused by the application not being listed in the installed software on computer, Kaspersky is only seeable on the
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows
or
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations
paths

So because users cannot see the application in their installed software list (add-remove programs) Lansweeper cannot "see it as installed" even if it is, hiddenly.

This is a Kaspersky deployment feature I used, so it does not appear on users computer. No Tray, No shortcut in the taskbat, start program.. Just folders on the C drive.

My TEMP fix was to use the Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent string (Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent%) in order to remove the installed AV computer from the No AV software installed Report. Here is the result after this string was added:
SEE Lansweeper_02.JPG

- Output of the query below. Replace "Your Computer" with the name of the computer you showed us the webpage of.

Command completed successfully

You will have an email in the next 15min with all infos.
Thanks.
Groupe Rodeus
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
neosys wrote:
I understand now this is caused by the application not being listed in the installed software on computer

This is indeed the problem. Lansweeper scans the same software information that can be found under Add/Remove Programs (or Programs & Features, depending on the operating system). If the software package is not listed there, it will not be scanned by default.

To determine whether Kaspersky is operational on your workstations, it might be better to check if a specific Windows service is running. You can then use the report below to find all computers without anti-virus software and without the Kaspersky service running. (Replace “YourService” with the name of the Kaspersky service.)

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Description, tblComputers.Lastseen,
Web40OSName.Compimage As icon
From tblComputers Inner Join
web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername =
web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join
Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join
tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join
tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblComputersystem.Computername
Where tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblSoftware.ComputerName
From tblSoftware Cross Join tsysantivirus
Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like tsysantivirus.Software) And
tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblServices.Computername
From tblServices
Where tblServices.Name = 'YourService' And tblServices.Started = '1') And
tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2
Order By tblComputers.Computer
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
Same for Kaspersky Lab Anti-Virus software, I added:

Kaspersky Lab%
Kaspersky Anti%
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for File Servers 5
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers

Also tested by adding the % before and after %, same results still get an error
(after I ran a computer rescan)
%Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows%
%Kaspersky Anti-Virus for File Servers 5%
%Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations%
%Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers%
Groupe Rodeus
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
neosys wrote:
Also tested by adding the % before and after %, same results still get an error
(after I ran a computer rescan)

By "error" do you mean that computers with anti-virus software are still showing up in the report "Workstation: All workstations without Anti-virus software"?

A rescan should not be necessary for this report to be updated after adding anti-virus entries.

Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- Screenshot of how you entered the anti-virus packages in the configuration console, under Configuration\Anti-Virus Software.
- Screenshot of the Lansweeper webpage for a computer that you believe should not be in the previously mentioned report. Specifically, show us the Kaspersky software packages in the Software section of the computer's webpage.
- Output of the query below. Replace "Your Computer" with the name of the computer you showed us the webpage of.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Description,
tblComputers.Lastseen, Web40OSName.Compimage As icon
From tblComputers Inner Join
web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername =
web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join
Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join
tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join
tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblComputersystem.Computername
Where tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblSoftware.ComputerName
From tblSoftware Cross Join tsysantivirus
Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like tsysantivirus.Software) And
tblComputers.Computer = 'Your Computer' And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2
Order By tblComputers.Computer

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper's anti-virus software list can be found in the configuration console under Configuration\Anti-virus Software. A computer that has any of the specified software packages installed is deemed to have anti-virus software.

VIPRE is not currently part of the built-in anti-virus software list. You may add it like so: %VIPRE%
Lansweeper wrote:
Lansweeper's anti-virus software list can be found in the configuration console under Configuration\Anti-virus Software. A computer that has any of the specified software packages installed is deemed to have anti-virus software.

VIPRE is not currently part of the built-in anti-virus software list. You may add it like so: %VIPRE%

If your using the Enterprise GFI/Sunbelt product below is that you should use.

%GFI Business Agent%

Now I would like to know if the service is running when the scan happens?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sbarnhart wrote:
Now I would like to know if the service is running when the scan happens?

Do you mean whether a service included in your anti-virus software is running? Service data can be found in tblServices within the Lansweeper report builder.
GeoApps
Engaged Sweeper
VIPRE Antivirus is not currently recognized as an AV product on a brand new installation of LanSweeper. Why is this?
-- Angus S-F GeoApps Tucson, AZ, USA