cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrickc
Engaged Sweeper
First of all i love this software!!! 🙂
ok so We've got close to 600 computers and servers in 4 different domians that we are scanning
I am getting the RPC server unavailable for a handfull of computers (it varries between 15-30 computers)
We have the built in windows firewall turned off by default.
I've checked to make sure that rpc is running on these computers and i've checked to make sure WMI is running
I've ran the test connection from the lansweeper server and it fails for both WMI and RPC. I AM able to ping the computer name from the lansweeper server though. I am starting to get frusterated now so I'm turning to the forum. I have tried running the repair wmi script on a few computers but it does error out on a bunch of processes and that script is being ran by an administrator account.

I have tried running the wmi diagnose tools but I'm not really sure how to use it and I've skimmed over the documentation but I have not spent enought time on that to fully understand out to use this.
Anybody have any ideas or things I can try?
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you try removing the computer from the domain, then re-adding it.
Afterwards make sure the the domain admins group is in the list of local administrators.
Patrickc
Engaged Sweeper
ok so i've confirmed that about 15 of the computers that wont scan are not letting me remote manage. I am getting the RED X when I try to go to local users and comptuers and if I try to go to the services I get the access is denied as well. Is there some service or windows component that is not installed or running? If I have to reformat these few computers I will, but I'd like to figure it out incase it shows up again.
Patrickc
Engaged Sweeper
ok so i might have noticed a trend. Several of the comptuers that are geting RPC errors will not let me remote manage the computer and browse to local users and groups. There is a RED X that says access is denied. Even though I am using an account that has local admin rights.

Another thing i've noticed is that some of the computers are turned off and If I turn them on they able to scan corectly. Does lansweeper attempt to initiate a scan even if the computer is off? Or is the user coincidently turning the computer off before the scan is able to finish?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Patrickc wrote:
Another thing i've noticed is that some of the computers are turned off and If I turn them on they able to scan corectly. Does lansweeper attempt to initiate a scan even if the computer is off? Or is the user coincidently turning the computer off before the scan is able to finish?

Lansweeper puts the new found computers in a queue for scanning.
Sometimes it happens that the user turns on the computer, windows updates needs to be applied, reboot.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Any software that you can find that's the same on all problem computers?
Patrickc
Engaged Sweeper
I did uninstall that Ace client and it still will not scan
Patrickc
Engaged Sweeper
I believe that is a chat client. It is not used anymore so I will uninstall it and see how that works, but there are several comptuers (I would say around 30) with that particular software installed that are able to get scanned
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Ace client is this from the cisco ACE firewall?
Patrickc
Engaged Sweeper
Here are screenshots of installed software