Did you mean: 
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Website version: 4028
Lansweeper version: 4.2.0.52
Running on: Windows XP Pro SP3
Scans one domain, multiple subnets.

Hi,
I've been using Lansweeper for nearly a year now. Today I noticed a strange issue: scanned printers show up in my list, then disappear. This appears to be happening on the same 14 printers (out of about 40 in our network). These disappearing printers are in the same subnet with about 12 others that show up and stay in the list. Interestingly enough, these printers that disappear are 3 similar models of Zebra label printers: GK420d, GX420t, and GX430t. Has anyone run across this issue with Zebra label printers dropping off the list?
10 REPLIES 10
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
This issue is now resolved. Thanks so much for your timely efforts!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Troubleshooting being done through email.
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
I've emailed the information as requested and provided details about what I've done. Thanks for your efforts.
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Ok, disregard my last reply. I checked device lookup and the one Zebra that stays in the list is already there. And the same OID comes up for all of them (when I can see them). This is a puzzling problem, never had an issue scanning anything before adding these Zebra printers.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MikeInLa wrote:
Ok, disregard my last reply. I checked device lookup and the one Zebra that stays in the list is already there. And the same OID comes up for all of them (when I can see them). This is a puzzling problem, never had an issue scanning anything before adding these Zebra printers.

Please provide us with the information requested in our previous post. This will help us troubleshoot.
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Maybe I need to add this Zebra printer as a new device type? But I do not understand this part of the LanSweeper configuration. It wants an OID, how do I get that?
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Ok just upgraded everything to latest version. I ran a new scan over the range where these Zebra printers are.... still does the same thing, adds each one and removes the last it detected as it scans. The last one in the ip range stays on the list.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MikeInLa wrote:
Ok just upgraded everything to latest version. I ran a new scan over the range where these Zebra printers are.... still does the same thing, adds each one and removes the last it detected as it scans. The last one in the ip range stays on the list.

Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Your Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\Your Server\IP Range Scanning.
- Lansweeper webpages of two or more of these printers.

For easy reference, also include a link to this forum thread in your email.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Before we troubleshoot further, could you update your Lansweeper installation to the latest version. Our latest installer can be found here. Instructions on updating can be found on page 103 and beyond of our online documentation.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now