cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ni-What
Engaged Sweeper

Is it possible to pull the command that is used when we create the MSIUninstall step?

Full scenario is that we have a software that will not upgrade with a msiexec command via deployment, so we are having to uninstall it and then reinstall with the newest version. However we have a number of Assets offsite that are not connected to our Lansweeper server so we are having to do this manually/automated script and if I could get the command to uninstall with the wildcard option it would be a huge time saver.

Also if anyone knows a better way to accomplish this I'm all ears, the software got installed via msi, and trying to update via msi. Command to install is 'msiexec.exe /i "\\<path to file>" /qn ALLUSERS=1'

1 REPLY 1
DavidPK
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

When running commands via the Lansweeper deployment module, keep in mind that what you're effectively doing is sending CMD commands down to the targeted computers. Most feedback received, that isn't related to Deployment connectivity, is returned directly as a result of running the command on the computer in question.   

With this in mind, ordinarily, you should be able to troubleshoot most deployment packages by running the command in your package in a CMD that's running with the same user as your selected Run Mode.

Since the deployment module allows you to execute any non-Lansweeper-specific command towards a non-Lansweeper-specific environment, we, unfortunately, cannot provide in-depth support for creating or troubleshooting custom deployment packages. In general, when troubleshooting deployment packages, we recommend the following:
• Run CMD on the computer you're getting the error on, run it with the same user as your Run Mode user.
• Copy/paste your deployment command and check the output.
• Make sure the command works in local CMD first, without producing any dialogs (must run silently), before trying to send it via Lansweeper.
More information on our deployment module can be found in this section of our knowledge base: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb-category/deploying-software-and-other-changes/