cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilshortian
Engaged Sweeper

Since the update to lansweeper version 11 we are not really able to deploy any packages reliably.

it is almost always failing with the error: "Preliminary checks failed. Task Registering Error. Value does not fall within the expected range. Credential: XXXXXX" 

When deploying on a Single Machine, it takes 4-8 attempts before the packages successfully deploys. I'm currently out of ideas, how to fix this. Automated deployments fail almost every time. 

This Lansweeper server is Scanning 6 Domains. We cannot spin up more than this one Server, as it will produce too much Administration overhead.

Is there a timeline when this will be fixed, or can we expect a Workaround?

Regards, Nils

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have just gotten the information that it its a known issue in the current lansweeper, and a fix will come in one of the next releases. 

So it sadly looks like we have to wait for a new release 😕

Regards,
Nils

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
francisswest
Champion Sweeper

Im glad I am not crazy; deployment packages have been unreliable as heck for a while now.  Whats weird is that I will run a deployment package against say, 10 computers.  All will fail.  Rerun, now one works while 9 fail....okayyyyy.

Rerun on those 9....3 times...4 times....on the 5th time, another one will work....6times, 7, 8, 9.  Another one worked....

those other 7 devices, same devices, same package, will fail 20 times today.  Tomorrow, 1 will work and 6 will fail.

Repeat ad nauseam

cburton
Engaged Sweeper

Still having this issue on 11.3.0.5.

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

The fix for this issue should be released in v11.4, unless a showstopper is found

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!
djskipnz
Engaged Sweeper II

I downloaded the latest from LS site.  It is version 11.2.2.0
Is it fixed in this version too?
I don't see how I can try newer versions unless there is a specific download URL for newer ones?

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@djskipnz v11.4 has not being released yet, v11.2.2.0 is older than v.11.4 and does not have the fix. 

You can download the latest update from the webconsole by following the instructions in this article:

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/check-for-lansweeper-updates/ta-p/64339

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!
dugi
Engaged Sweeper

Any news on this issue?

I have the same error using version 11.2.0.3

Best,
Patrick

I have just gotten the information that it its a known issue in the current lansweeper, and a fix will come in one of the next releases. 

So it sadly looks like we have to wait for a new release 😕

Regards,
Nils