cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lis
Engaged Sweeper

Hi there,

Has anyone created a deployment package that will successfully remove Microsoft Store Apps in a way that Lansweeper will actually reflect that change?

I'm trying to remove a bunch of the built-in store apps from my Windows 10 PCs, including the Xbox apps, Solitaire, Zune, Skype, etc.

I have a PowerShell script that does seem to remove them from the PCs when run locally (as far as I can tell, anyway) but they're still showing up in the software reports after the Lansweeper scans run.

I did enable the SOFTWAREMSSTOREAPPS scanning, and set the interval to 0. I'm on version 10.5.2.1.

I have been fighting these apps for so long now! My software reports are out of control. If anyone has a magic trick for this, I would appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Lis 
A known issue in Lansweeper was that the Software History table would rapidly grow when Microsoft Store apps were scanned. 
This issue was fixed in our latest version. I'd suggest you upgrade to our latest version. 
Update Lansweeper - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

This will get your Software reports back in line. 

PowerShell and deployment packages:

To run your PowerShell script from a deployment package, I have found these steps work best for me.

• Make sure that the PowerShell script is available on your package share. 
  • Execute the script using the below command. 
powershell.exe -command (Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock {“\\path\to\script.ps1 -argument”}) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Lis 
A known issue in Lansweeper was that the Software History table would rapidly grow when Microsoft Store apps were scanned. 
This issue was fixed in our latest version. I'd suggest you upgrade to our latest version. 
Update Lansweeper - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

This will get your Software reports back in line. 

PowerShell and deployment packages:

To run your PowerShell script from a deployment package, I have found these steps work best for me.

• Make sure that the PowerShell script is available on your package share. 
  • Execute the script using the below command. 
powershell.exe -command (Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock {“\\path\to\script.ps1 -argument”})