cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnoppers
Engaged Sweeper

In Active Directory (AD) there is a attribute (field) available named Location.
Can I use this field in Lansweeper Assets to register the location of a system?
And, how can I display this field in MMC? I already have MMC running with the AD add-on.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
j_diaz
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello @pnoppers

Lansweeper is able to scan this attribute and you can use that field to track any information you want to add to it. If you are interested in Lansweeper's behavior, we would recommend testing this by changing the attribute of one of your assets and then re-scanning it.

Also, MMC is a Windows tool so Lansweeper support might not be able to help you set it up. However, you might get a reply from another customer that has worked with MMC before.

View solution in original post

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

While you cannot customize the built-in Assets view, there is a built-in report "Assets: All columns from the Assets menu" that you can use as a baseline for your very own custom asset overview. The field that you want to add is called tblADComputers.Location

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pnoppers
Engaged Sweeper

Great, that works! Thx.

But, can I add location field to assets view? How can I add the column location to overview of all assets?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

While you cannot customize the built-in Assets view, there is a built-in report "Assets: All columns from the Assets menu" that you can use as a baseline for your very own custom asset overview. The field that you want to add is called tblADComputers.Location

j_diaz
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello @pnoppers

Lansweeper is able to scan this attribute and you can use that field to track any information you want to add to it. If you are interested in Lansweeper's behavior, we would recommend testing this by changing the attribute of one of your assets and then re-scanning it.

Also, MMC is a Windows tool so Lansweeper support might not be able to help you set it up. However, you might get a reply from another customer that has worked with MMC before.