cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coekels
Engaged Sweeper
I'm a newbie to Lansweeper and hope someone can help me out. I have done a little research and see that I can create installers for 3rd party software. Am I able to setup updates to be installed automatically if the software is already installed?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Deployment packages need to be defined and tested before you deploy them in your network. Scanning of updates from software manufacturers would be a process specific to every product, so you likely won't be able to implement this.
We are planning to release an add-on product in the near future which will allow you to always download deployment packages for the most recent versions of common software. However we don't have a release date yet.

For instructions on how to create a deployment package, please refer to this KB article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Deployment packages need to be defined and tested before you deploy them in your network. Scanning of updates from software manufacturers would be a process specific to every product, so you likely won't be able to implement this.
We are planning to release an add-on product in the near future which will allow you to always download deployment packages for the most recent versions of common software. However we don't have a release date yet.

For instructions on how to create a deployment package, please refer to this KB article.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now