cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi all,

I've been using Lansweeper for just a month and it's great... I would add:

-> Last seen list: It would be useful to have at least the 10 last seen PCs (it could be configurable by the user at GUI console: 5, 10, 20, etc).

-> S.M.A.R.T. info: It would be nice to know if a HDD is faulty (don't know if this could be gathered by WMI or third-party software).

-> RMA / HelpDesk info: It would turn Lansweeper more Professional if one can have a history of RMA (for example: if one changed faulty memory, HDD, CD, etc) or if PC was sent to Service or if there were Software issues (it don't have to be a full ticket system). This could be included in the Pro version (I would buy it).

-> Full info page: Excel style info showing full PC details (LAN name, IP, user, processor type and capacity, memory size, HDD size, cd/dvd type, serial number, monitor associated, BIOS version, Operating System, RJ45 id where it's connected to the net, etc)... it could be better if it's a customizable report (don't know it's posible doing it already).

I propose myself as a beta-tester if you need one.

Thanks for such a great piece of software. Go on !!
7 REPLIES 7
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
I'm currently working on a simple service log system that integrates with LS using actions. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it.
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks again taeratrin.
You've been very helpful.

And thanks Cobra7 too.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BeatleUy wrote:
Thanks again taeratrin.
You've been very helpful.

And thanks Cobra7 too.

We are indeed thinking/working on a helpdesk integration, but the scope is not clear yet.
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
I would also like to point out that you can run the reports in the MS SQL server, that’s what I did when I was freeware. Now that I'm a full user, the report builder helps a lot, and it is the main reason I pushed to go Premium.

As a disclaimer, even with report builder, you still need a basic understanding of programming/scripting, just not SQL spacific.

As far as the Helpdesk thing, I remember reading something about it as well.
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Both of your questions have the same answer. To create a new report, create a new view in the SQL database (using Management Studio). The names of all views should begin with web30. The code for the view would be something like what I put above. After you save the view, open the table dbo.tsysreports and add a new record. The first field should be what you named your new view, and the second will be the text displayed in the GUI. After the table has been updated, open up the GUI Console and select the Reports tab. If your new report shows up under 'All available reports', then go to the tab for the page you want it on and add it. If it isn't listed, then there's something wrong.
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks taeratrin...

Have a couple of questions...

About item 1)
Where should I insert this code? or you are suggesting me to query directly the Microsoft SQL database?

About item 4)
Guidance will be welcomed about creating custom reports.

Thanks in advance.
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
1) The Last Seen list you are asking for can be accomplished by the following :
SELECT DISTINCT TOP (10) PERCENT Computername, Lastseen
FROM dbo.tblComputers
ORDER BY Lastseen DESC

2) SMART info in WMI tends to be vendor-specific, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about this. One thing you might look into is using a third-party utility in combo with a custom action

3) I may be wrong, but I believe I heard about a helpdesk in the works.

4) All of this can be pulled up in a custom report. If you are not sure on how to create one, I can give you some steps