cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChipRauta
Engaged Sweeper

Hi there,

When running the builtin 'Software: Unauthorized software' report, I get IE11 listed on all windows 10 and Windows 11 computers. I had pushed the 'dism /online /Remove-Capability /CapabilityName:Browser.InternetExplorer~~~~0.0.11.0' command to all workstations and confirmed that IE feautre had been removed from control panel features. Rescanned assets and gave it a few days, still the report returns that I have IE11 installed. My question is, what entry (registry or path) does this report look for and is there a better way of getting rid of IE through lansweeper than the one I used? Went to edit the report, however my SQL understanding is close to 0. Thanks folks.

1 REPLY 1
j_diaz
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello @ChipRauta! Lansweeper software scanning mimics Add/Remove Programs. It does this by pulling software information from the registry keys below. These keys are filtered; not everything found under these keys is necessarily scanned. As our code is copyrighted, we cannot provide more specific information on what it is filtering for.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (only 64-bit machines)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Keep in mind that:

• Even if you uninstall the software from one user profile, it may not be uninstalled for all. As a result, it may still be present in the registry keys above and may still show up in scans.

• Most Lansweeper scanning methods will by default only scan software information once every 24 hours. We recommend double-checking the Software item in a Windows computer's Scan Time tab to determine when the machine's software information was last scanned.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now